Today’s Getting To Know You featured blogger is Kelly of Design Crush. I think Design Crush was one of the first blogs I found when I first learned what a design blog WAS, three or so years ago. But recently Kelly and I connected via Twitter. Through a series of unfortunately bummer-days, Kelly decided we should be “Positivity Pals” and every once in a while, remind each other to stay positive! It’s easier to turn a frown upside down just by visiting her beautiful blog, where she talks about everything from fashion to art to interiors. The common thread is of course, excellent and beautiful design. I picked Kelly’s brain a bit about what makes her tick.
1. What is your go-to source for design inspiration? The internet. By making my way through bookmarked sites and blogs I’m sure to find something to get my off high center.
2. What is your favorite way to work (a bustling office, couch, tea+silence…?) I actually like working in an office as opposed to home where there are just too many distractions. (Pets, television, etc.) But I prefer to be in my office with my door closed and my music on. I guess there’s something about being in a creative environment and knowing there are people to bounce ideas off of at the ready if need be.
3. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to this year? My favorite part of the holidays is generally the suspense leading up to them, which is a tradition in its own right!
4. Ok, Queen of Calenders, which one (or more?!) are you planning to get this year? I hold myself to one a year, and for the past few years my calendar has been determined by my Calendar Swap partner! Last year mine did great with the Pentagram Typography Calendar, so this year’s swapmate has a lot to live up to!
5. To combat stress, I like to ______________. I should be the poster child for stress and anxiety! I’m still searching for the perfect way to prevent either or, but for the last few weeks I’ve been trying the simple idea of positive thinking. It doesn’t fix everything, but I’m amazed at how much it actually does help!
6. Favorite thing about blogging: This may sound cliche, but it’s the people. The readers, the lovely bloggers I’ve met in the process, and people that I help promote on a daily basis. Not at all what I expected when I started Design Crush three and a half years ago, but I’ll definitely take it.
7. What’s next for Design Crush? I’ll be speaking at Alt Summit for the second year in a row this coming January. It’s always a great place to network and work on The Next Big Thing.
8. What’s on your holiday wishlist? It’s sort of embarrassing because it’s not a gift in the material sense. I’ll just leave it at that.
Thank you Kelly for sharing!
Readers, if you have a Getting To Know You request, please let me know. Bloggers, shop owners, and designers are all welcome.
All images borrowed from Design Crush.